Hello Friends, I hope all is well with you! I am going to be reviewing Quicksilver from Capital One. These opinions are my own, and I am in no way influenced by anyone.
Overall Verdict: This Capital One rewards credit card offers a variety of benefits and a flat rate rewards program. This card boasts a no foreign transaction fee, something that other no annual fee cash back rewards credit cards lack. It also has extensive benefits that other cards don’t have, but there are other rewards cards out there that have a higher rewards amount than this card.
Some things about this card I like:
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Extra benefits
- Easy to reach sign-up bonus
Some things about the card that I don’t like:
- There are other cards that have a higher reward amount for no annual fee
What type of reward are you getting?
The Quicksilver from Capital One rewards credit card offers you the opportunity to earn cash back on every dollar that you spend. The cash accumulates in your account until you are ready to use it; there is no minimum amount you need to have in order to redeem it. You can redeem it for a statement credit, a check, use it at Amazon, get gift cards, or other options that Capital One may offer; I love that the rewards are so versatile.
Is there an annual fee?
There is no annual fee to be a cardholder.
What is the rewards amount?
The Capital One Quicksilver rewards credit card offers a flat rate of 1.5% cash back on every dollar that is spent. There are no rewards categories; everything earns 1.5%. There is also no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn, as long as your account is in good standing, you can earn unlimited cash back. Another thing that Capital One offers is the opportunity to earn extra rewards by shopping at certain retailers or stores. For example, they might offer you 10% cash back as a statement credit if you shop at Macy’s or Columbia, which is pretty cool.
Is there a bonus offer?
The Quicksilver from Capital One rewards credit card offers a $150 sign-up bonus when you spend at least $500 on purchases within 3 months of your account opening up. That’s a 30% return on the money you would have to spend regardless, so this is one of the better offers out there!
Are there foreign transaction fees?
This rewards card does not charge a foreign transaction fee. That is what I really like about this card, among other benefits as well.
Are there any other benefits?
This Capital One rewards credit card does offer a wide range of benefits such as:
- Travel accident insurance – this is insurance against a covered loss that results in a trip interruption; you must use your card to purchase the fare
- Extended warranty – you get extended warranty protection on eligible items; you must use your card to purchase that item
- Auto rental collision damage waiver – it provides you secondary rental car insurance, this insurance is only paid out once your primary car insurance has been maxed out for the claim
- 24-hour travel assistance services – if your card has been misplaced or stolen, you can get an emergency replacement card and a cash advance
- $0 fraud liability –you are not responsible for unauthorized charges if card is lost or stolen
- Card lock – you have the ability to lock your card on the app
- Creditwise – you can check your credit score without it being affected
- Account alerts and security alerts – you can set up alerts to notify you when payments are due or other alerts you want to receive. Additionally, Capital One will contact you if they detect a suspicious purchase
What is the interest rate and are there any other fees?
Capital One offers you an introductory APR of 0% for 15 months from the date the account is opened. Once the introductory offer ends, your APR will be 15.49%, 21.49%, or 25.49%, but this depends on your credit score.
Their other fees include:
- Cash advance fee – $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Late payment fee –up to $39
- Balance transfer fee – 3% of the amount of each transfer balance
- Returned payment fee – up to $35
How is the customer service like?
There are a few different ways to get your questions answered. The first would be to call the number on the back of the card. The second way would be to contact them by mail, and the last method would be to use their chat bot named ENO. ENO will attempt to redirect you to various pages; ENO will also try to answer the most common questions, but you may have to end up calling Capital One based on the complexity of your question. It’s important to note that you may have different experiences with their customer service from time to time since different agents help you each time.
Should you get the Quicksilver from Capital One?
Who it’s perfect for:
- People who don’t want an annual fee
- People who don’t want a foreign transaction fee
- People who want extensive benefits
- People who have excellent credit scores
- People who want an easier to reach sign-up bonus
Who it isn’t perfect for:
- Big spenders
- People who want the highest reward possible and don’t mind forgoing extra benefits
If you are still unsure if a rewards credit card makes sense, check out my post on Why You Should Use Rewards Credit Cards.
Additionally, if this card isn’t right for you, I invite you to check out my credit cards page for more information on other cards.